6 to 7 medium potatoes unpeeled, cut in thin slices (Any kind will work. I prefer white)
3 to 4 leeks, cut in thin slices (make sure you wash them well)
½ medium onion
2 cans of chicken broth
1 sm container of heavy cream
½ stick of butter
Salt and pepper
1) In a large pot, sautee leeks and onions in the butter.
2) Add potatoes and broth. Depending on how liquidy you want the soup add water. You want at least enough liquid to cover the tops of the potatoes.
3) Cook until the potatoes are soft enough to mash, stirring often. Mash the potatoes in the pan, you can mash them as much as you like.
4) Add cream, stir thoroughly
5) Add salt and pepper to taste.